My Current Favourite Make-Up Brand: W7!

Monday 22 September 2014

W7 is a brand I've always heard bloggers rave about, but none of my local pharmacies stock it. I was over the moon when W7 sent me a package of goodies to play around with! Today I'm going to share my thoughts on all the items I was sent - get your wishlists at the ready, because I am in love with this brand!

W7 Skin Fresh Foundation, £6.95
This has become my new holy grail foundation! I was given the shade Fawn Beige, which is a little too dark for me so I just mix it with some white concealer from my concealer palette. It gives flawless coverage while still feeling weightless on your skin. The formula is one of the best that I have ever tried from a drugstore brand - it's scent free and gives a beautiful dewy finish. It has fantastic staying power too - it lasted 6 hours on my skin without going shiny! This is probably my favourite item I was sent, I absolutely love everything about this foundation! I love that it covers everything yet still stays true to the name by keeping your skin looking fresh and natural. I will be posting my new go-to make-up routine sometime next week so you can see the foundation in action.

W7 Skin Fresh Concealer, £4.95
Obviously this little guy was designed to go hand-in-hand with the foundation - and I love it equally as much! It's quite a light concealer, but it provides the perfect coverage underneath the eyes and on blemishes. It does brighten your under-eye area, but it's not too dewy so it's appropriate to wear on blemishes too. I would say it's comparable to the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (my all time fave!), just not as heavy. I have this in the shade Fair, which is an absolutely perfect match for my skin.
Packaging-wise, I tend to prefer concealers with a wand applicator as it doesn't waste as much product, but this squeezy tube is really great for reducing waste as it only squirts out a teeny amount at a time! I really can't fault this concealer - it ticks every box in terms of quality, coverage and price.

W7 Bronzing Make-Up Base, £4.95
How identical does this look to the Chanel Bronze Universal?! I absolutely love the packaging - it's simple and sleek, it looks beautiful perched on your make-up desk! I was very excited to try this bronzing base out, as the Bourjois Bronzing Primer is one of my favourite products. I'm going to do a comparison post on them both soon so keep an eye out!
This gel formula is designed to give you a bronzed complexion that will mix with your foundation to bronze your face up, or it can be worn alone. I think products like these are fantastic for girls who like to fake tan as it eliminates the messiness of buying several different foundations for when you're darker or lighter. I use the Bronzing Make-Up Base as a cream contour and I love it! It gives such a natural sculpt to the face and really enhances your cheekbones.
One thing I also really like about W7 as a brand, their products are scent-free so they cater for girls with more sensitive skin too.

Divine Cream Blush and Bronzing Make-Up Base
W7 Creme De La Creme Cream Blush, £3.95

As a rule I don't tend to gravitate towards cream blushes - I just find them messy and sometimes too sticky to work with. However I knew the moment I swatched this blush that we would be friends. It's not sticky or tacky, it's blendable with the perfect amount of pigmentation. I love the doll pink colour, as it gives a beautiful natural flush of colour to your cheeks. This Creme De La Creme blush is in the shade Divine, and you can see it swatched above. What I like about this product is that it doesn't stain your cheeks. Sometimes with cream blushes I find that once you dot it in one area of the face, it stains there and leaves you with crazy looking patches for blush. Not a good look!
The lasting power of this is great for a cream blush, it doesn't go oily or patchy after a while, it lasts all day. It has become my new go-to blush for natural looks!

W7 SoufflĂ© Whip Up Your Lashes Mascara, £4.95
Firstly, I love the name of this mascara - I think it's so fun!
The Soufflé mascara has a larger wand than normal, which aims to volumize and curl your lashes. I know a lot of people have a love/hate relationship with large mascara wands like this, but I personally think they're great! My only drawback with them is that they make coating your lower lashes that little bit more difficult, but I didn't have that issue with this mascara! Despite having a big wand, it's really easy to coat your bottom lashes.
This mascara gives the perfect amount of length and volume and gives the false lash effect that I love. I love the formula of it too - it's not waterproof but it doesn't smudge or transfer throughout the day. Massive thumbs up from me!

W7 Yummy Eyes Eyeshadow & Perfect Eyes Single Eyeshadow, £3.95
Drugstore eyeshadows are difficult to get right - pigmentation is often quite hit-and-miss, as is shade range and overall quality. These eyeshadows are some of the best (if not the best) eyeshadows I've tried from the drugstore! The Perfect Eyes is definitely better than the Yummy Eyes, but glittery champagne eyeshadows tend to be more glitter and sparkle than pigmentation at the best of times. This eyeshadow on the left is from the Perfect Eyes collection and is called Platinum. It's a beautiful sparkly silver that applies flawlessly, even without a primer. It's incredibly pigmented, but I love it because there's absolutely no fall out. I love that it's a true silver colour - I've always found my make-up collection has been lacking a good true silver shade. The silvers I own are either to grey or simply lack pigmentation.
The swatch below doesn't even do it justice - I'll definitely be posting a Make-Up Of The Day featuring this eyeshadow!

The second eyeshadow I received is a baked one from their Yummy Eyes collection - this is a beautiful pinky champagne colour, called Cafe Latte. It isn't as pigmented as Platinum, but as I said, it's difficult to get a balance with colours like this. It's much nicer used wet - it gives that metallic finish that is very popular for this Autumn/Winter. I love to use this shade in the inner corners of my eyes, or I also think it looks stunning if you do a warm, matte eye look then just place it on the centre of the lid. Again, I will feature this in a post on its own as I have to do a close-up eye look to do the colour justice!
Overall, I am very impressed by these shadows, particularly as they are so inexpensive. I also think the colour range is fantastic - usually drugstore eyeshadow collections can lack in good colour selection. (Yes, this is me enabling you to go buy one...or twelve)


W7 Super Duo Eyeliner, £4.95
The idea behind this eyeliner is quite nifty - it has a unique wand that allows you to create a multitude of different eyeliner shapes. The applicator is relatively stiff, but there is a little bit of movement from it. The tip of the applicator has a sort-of ball shape to it that allows you to create a thick or thin line by just maneuvering your hand. I was a little bit unsure of this product when I first opened it, as I'm sure by this stage you've realised that I'm a true gel liner girl! This Super Duo liner pleasantly surprised me - it's super easy to apply, and is a true deep black! The only reservation I tend to have about gel eyeliners is that they're usually a grey-ish black, whereas using this has given me a deep black liner that looks much more flattering with darker looks. The wear of this product is incredible - once applied, it does not budge at all! This has definitely become my go-to liquid liner, and I don't see that changing any time soon!

W7 Just Brows Waterproof Pen, £4.95
I'm definitely a creature of habit when it comes to my eyebrow routine - when I eventually found my holy grail brow products, it made me uninterested in any other eyebrow releases. I was both excited and nervous to try this little guy as I've never used a brow pencil/marker before. The marker has an angled tip, which allows you to delicately draw in fine hairs but also makes it easy to achieve the Cara Delevingne look if that's what you prefer.
My natural eyebrows are fairly full, just slightly sparce at the front, so I normally find a brow powder makes them look the most natural. When I tried this out for the first time - I fell in love! I absolutely love how natural it looks for a pen, and it really helps shape your eyebrows in a defined yet natural way.
Even better, it it one of those pens that is catered for all needs as you can use it a little more heavy handed and get a much more dramatic, bold brow if you want. It's also waterproof, which cuts out the worry of losing your brows throughout the day!

My Verdict: W7 Make-Up is hands-down the best budget brand I have tried. I can't fault them on absolutely anything. All of these products have become staples in my make-up routine and are genuinely of great quality.
If you're Irish, you can find w7 make-up here: https://www.carapharmacy.com/cat/w7_new
Their official website is: http://www.w7cosmetics.co.uk/ and you can find a list of stockists there.
Be sure to follow them @W7MakeUp for all the latest news!

 What do you think of w7 Make-Up? Let me know your favourite products!
Zara :-) x

5 comments:

  1. All look fab! I may have to look into W7 as a brand more in the future! xx
    http://www.justtilly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried anything from these but the bronzer is a dead ringer for the Chanel one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have really good Naked Palette dupes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny because I've only recently heard people talk about this brand, it' making me curious - though I don't know when and if I'd have the opportunity to try it. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, awesome results for the price. I haven't heard about this line which is surprising considering I'm a makeup junkie. Will definitely seek this out and add to my arsenal. Thanks for this very helpful reviewl http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS