New In: Eye Of Horus Mascara

Thursday 16 October 2014

As I've mentioned previously on my blog, I absolutely love eye make-up. Nothing excites me more than a good eyeshadow or mascara launch when it comes to make-up.
I'm beyond excited to share this new mascara that I was kindly sent by Eye Of Horus.
Meet their new Goddess Mascara!
The Goddess Mascara is uniquely formulated in the style of the ancient Egyptians with natural waxes and the revered Moringa Oil, found in Tutankhamnen's tomb. (How fancy does this sound?!)
As the mascara has a natural based formula, it is the ideal option for those with sensitive eyes, as well as not running, smudging or clumping.

Now this sounds all peaches and cream, but how well does the mascara actually perform? Let's take a look.....

First and foremost, I love the wand - it's a plastic, flexible wand that is easy to bend and manoeuvre. The bristles are more narrow towards the middle of the wand, which allows you to generously coat the lashes to give them full effect.
The packaging is very clever as it features a narrow tube that removes all the excess product for you as you remove the wand, so they have covered the 'no clumps' aspect from every angle, right down to the product design.
Practicality aside, the packaging of the Goddess mascara is divine - it looks so classy and sleek perched on your make-up table! The black and gold really compliments the Egyptian roots of the product.

Performance-wise, this mascara cannot be faulted. It doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day, even when I rubbed my eyes. I actually wore this to school one day last week and I was worried that it would flake and give me panda eyes during the day, but it remained perfect. It's a very natural looking mascara - it doesn't give that over the top fluttery lash effect, which I appreciate most of the time. It gives the right amount of volume and length, however it can be built up with a few more coats if you like. It also holds a curl really well.

The Goddess Mascara retails for £19 and you can purchase it at Cocktail Cosmetics or http://www.eyeofhorus.uk.com/

Let me know what you think of the mascara - how cool is the background story to it?!
Zara :-) x

1 comment:

  1. I have stick straight Asian lashes so my main concern in regards of mascara is will it hold the curls? This mascara is on the pricier side but if it does hold the curls well, then I would be happy to purchase it.

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS