The Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette: I Heart Makeup's Make-Up Geek Palette!

Wednesday 22 October 2014


Today I'm bringing you quite possibly one of the best eyeshadow palettes I've ever had. This is the I Heart Makeup Makeup Geek palette, which consists of 36 incredibly pigmented, buttery eyeshadows suitable for any look you can think of.

The only reservation I tend to have about larger eyeshadow palettes is whether I will get use out of all the colours, as sometimes I find that brands will add shades that are too similar just for the sake of filling out a palette. This is certainly not the case here, I have actually used every single shade in the palette since I received it about two weeks ago!

The pigmentation of the palette is impeccable - the shadows are so smooth and buttery.
The palette is prodominantly shimmery shadows. As you can see from the swatches, they are everything you'd want from shimmery colours. They're glittery without containing chunky pieces of glitter that will mess up your application, and they're not dusty.

There's no fallout at all with these colours, even with the darkest of shades in the palette.

The staying power is also without fault - when I trialled them without primer, they didn't crease or move at all after 6 hours wear! That's majorly impressive in my books!

I haven't even told you the best part yet, the price. This little guy retails for £7.99. Yes you read that correctly - £7.99! I don't even need to sell this palette to you any further.

I always like to comment on the product's packaging too - I really like how compact this palette is. It's unusual for a palette that holds so many shadows to be so well compressed while still giving a generous amount of product. It's also great for travelling, the palette itself is very sturdy, the mirror is huge and you could pop your brush into the space where the sponge-tip applicators are.

I genuinely couldn't recommend the Makeup Geek palette enough. I have absolutely no qualms about it - I can't give you one negative criticism on it.

I also featured this in a blog post last week to create a matte brown smoky eye so you can take a look at that here.
You can purchase this palette online at http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/heartmakeup/eyes/slogans/i-makeup-slogan-palette-makeup-geek.html and at Superdrug, you can find out if I Heart Makeup is stocked at your local Superdrug by checking the website above!

What do you think of the palette? Let me know!
Zara :-) x

2 comments:

  1. Mooie kleurtjes! het is erg gepigmenteerd en je kan er alle kanten mee op, leuk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shades look amazing! This reminds me of some of sleeks palettes x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS