New In: Physician's Formula Launches In Ireland!

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Irish beauty addicts are currently rejoicing as one of America's most popular beauty brands Physician's Formula has made its way to Irish shores at long last. When they kindly sent me out some products to review, I couldn't wait to get stuck in and play with them. Needless to say, I was blown away by them - they exceeded every expectation I had!
I was planning on reviewing them through a Victoria's Secret inspired tutorial, but the weather has not been on my side of late and has made it incredibly difficult for me to take good quality pictures. So that tutorial will be coming soon, but I just couldn't wait to review the products any longer! So let's get started:

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeshadow Palette For Brown Eyes
Just look at that shimmer!! 
There's nothing I love more than a good shimmery eyeshadow, so an entire shimmery eyeshadow palette excited me beyond words. There is a Shimmer Strip palette formulated to work for every eye colour, which I think is an excellent idea, particularly for those just getting into makeup who aren't too sure what suits their eye colour. I absolutely love purples on my eyes, and what I love about this palette is that the purples are totally wearable. It's too often that I find beautiful purple eyeshadows that just aren't suitable for day-to-day wear - sometimes they can be so dramatic that I don't even want to wear them at night! The pigment of the shadows is fantastic, they're so well pigmented and not just chunks of glitter. They apply so smoothly and the colour applies perfectly even, even without primer. I love to add MAC's Painterly Paint Pot as a base just to give them something to adhere to. The wear of the shadows also impressed me - seven hours of wear without creasing. Pretty impressive, non?
I don't mean to be an enabler, but you need this palette in your life!






Physician's Formula Glow Booster Bronzer
How gorgeous is this bronzer?! It's divided into four segments, one for each season, and has a little golden highlighter in the middle. I thought that idea behind this was really unique and incredibly clever. The Winter shade is naturally the lightest, and the darkest bronzer is the Summer shade. I always have lighter bronzers to use in the winter when my complexion is paler and darker bronzers for the summer, so it's so handy to have a bronzer for each season in one compact!
I've been really into my bronzers again recently, so I've been swirling my brush in all four shades and just dusting it lightly over my cheeks to add a glow to my skin. The bronzers have a beautiful golden glow, they're not orange or muddy in the slightest. The powder is really finely milled and doesn't accentuate your pores at all. This also doubles up as a fabulous bronze eyeshadow - you know what I'm like with multi-tasking beauty products! On the more gimmicky side, when you flip up the bronzer, there's a hidden compartment that houses a mirror and a cute little brush. I thought this was an excellent idea, it makes me so much more inclined to take this product on the go with me!



Physician's Formula Concealer Twins Duo
Quite possibly the most convenient concealer duo in the world! The Concealer Twins duo is a double-sided cream concealer with a green concealer on one side, and your regular skin toned concealer on the flip side. I'd never used green concealers prior to receiving this, and now I don't quite know how I lived without them! I tend to suffer with a lot of redness from where I have acne, so having a green concealer really helped to neutralise the colour and make it much easier to conceal.
I absolutely love the skin tone concealer - the coverage is incredible! Dare I say it  - I think I prefer it to my new Kat Von D concealer. It blends it so seamlessly and sits really nicely. My base of choice recently has been this concealer duo and MAC's Face And Body foundation as I feel so much more confident wearing a lighter foundation because of the coverage I get from this duo. Massive thumbs up!

Physician's Formula is available in a variety of pharmacies across Ireland now, and be sure to follow them on Twitter @PhysiciansFormulaIRL for any updates on new stockists.
Also keep an eye out for my Victoria's Secret tutorial with these products - it's coming as soon as the weather feels like behaving!!

Let me know your favourite products from Physician's Formula!
Zara :-) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS