My Go-To Palette: Urban Decay Naked Basics 2

Monday 2 March 2015

It's rare that I christen a product a 'go-to', because I have so much makeup to play with, I'm constantly changing what I use. I'm a self-confessed palette junkie, so the moment a new palette is released I am all over it! The Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 and I didn't really see eye-to-eye when I first splurged on it, but I can't get enough of the grey-toned goodness. A part of me is blaming the current 50 Shades Of Grey hype....





When Urban Decay released the original Naked Basics palette, I avoided it as I thought I had more than enough basic colours in my collection. Likewise when the second one came out. Then I found myself in New York, in Sephora on Times Square. I was in the queue on my last night with a bulging bag of goodies, when I saw it in the detrimental aisle of goodness while you wait to check out. I quickly threw one in my basket without even thinking.

I brought it home and kind of questioned my reasoning for buying it, considering I had avoided both palettes for so long. It was most definitely an impulse buy, but recently I decided to put it on my desk to make sure I made some use for it, as I can't stand makeup going to waste.



Now, I would like to publicly announce that my new makeup best friend is Urban Decay's Naked Basics 2 palette. The last month or so, it has literally been the only palette I have reached for.

It's a collection of six cool, grey-toned neutrals to work hand-in-hand with the Naked 2 palette. It contains one shimmery shadow and five mattes, which range from light to dark grey-browns. I really like the inclusion of mid-toned shades, as I feel that was something the original Basics palette lacked - I think the first palette didn't have any nice 'in-between' shades.

As I said, I think the 50 Shades Of Grey hype is what brought this little guy back to the front of the makeup drawers, as I was cleaning through my drawers earlier this month and suddenly realised my lack of grey eyeshadows to wear to the film, (yes, I'm really that sad....).
In addition to this, I've also been really into dark lips, so I like having nice muted mattes to wear on the lids.


You all know my enthusiasm for multi-tasking products, I've also been using the shade 'Primal' to lightly fill in my eyebrows. The shadows surprisingly have no fallout at all, and are incredibly buttery and smooth. As you can see from the swatches, the pigmentation is to the true Urban Decay standard.

So I've now declared my love for the Naked Basics 2 - it's the perfect, everyday palette.
I'm particularly intrigued to see how Urban Decay will create a Basics palette to pair with the Naked 3 - I'm eagerly anticipating it's release!

The Naked Basics 2 retails for €30.

Are you a fan of the Naked Basics range?

Zara :-)

Shop this post!:
Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for new best friends! I've heard sooo many great things about this palette, but I have so many others I'd like to use up before investing in another one.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you like the palette but I think the naked palettes the original ones provide enough neutrals to work with. Wouldn't mid seeing some makeup looks with this!


    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great palette, but for some reason, I find myself reaching more for the first one. Both are great though, love Urban Decay!

    skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS