My MAC Eyeshadow Palette Review and Swatches!

Tuesday 14 April 2015


Can you tell I'm back on a bit of a MAC hype of late? I've been getting much more use out of some of my MAC products recently, so that's why there's an exceptional amount of MAC related blog posts over the last few weeks!
Today we're delving into my MAC eyeshadow palette. I have the 15 pan palette that you can buy the individual pans for, and for some reason I haven't really accumulated that many MAC eyeshadows. I don't quite know why, I just tend to gravitate towards other brands when I'm looking for eyeshadows.

Having said that, I definitely think MAC have an exceptional range of colours and finishes, and while buying the palette itself is quite pricey, the pan shadows are a reasonable €10 to buy.
So without further ado, let's get into my palette!

My palette isn't arranged in any particular order, mainly because my colours are kind of varied so there's no real template to follow in terms of organisation. I've just plopped each shadow in beside each other and let it live happily there.

I currently own nine MAC eyeshadows, ranging from lustre to matte finishes. Although my palette doesn't follow any specific pattern, I often mix a range of these shadows to create both daytime and night-time appropriate looks.
In order, from left to right I have:

  • Sable: Sable is probably my favourite of my MAC eyeshadows - I went through a phase about a year ago where I solely wore Sable for about three months! It's just such an easy colour to wear all over, add lots of mascara and go. I would describe it as a medium-brown with a warm, red undertone. It's a frost finish, and it's perfect for both day and night looks. It applies so smoothly and has absolutely no fallout.
  • Tempting: Tempting is a really nice balance between a gold and brown eyeshadow in my opinion, it's incredibly rich and looks stunning with a variety of eyeshadow combinations. It's a lustre finish, and has a little bit of fallout, although it's nothing too significant. It has the perfect amount of shimmer without having chunky glitter particles. It's definitely a go-to shadow for me!
  • Honey Lust: Honey Lust was my first ever MAC eyeshadow, and my least used. As I was only getting into makeup at the time I bought this, I opted for a safe gold colour that sort of reminded me of Half Baked by Urban Decay, which is one of my all-time favourite eyeshadows. The texture of Honey Lust is quite gritty and glittery, with a semi-opaque finish. When I wear it now, I always pair it with either a gold base under it or I apply it on top of another eyeshadow. It's certainly not a bad product, I just wouldn't recommend it as much as some of my other shadows!
  • Woodwinked: Woodwinked is one of MAC's best known eyeshadows, and it's clear why. It's a perfect warm golden-bronze which is a little bit lighter than Tempting. It's a veluxe pearl finish, and blends seamlessly with no fallout. If you want a MAC eyeshadow that you know you'll get a lot of use out of, I'd definitely check out Woodwinked.
  • Blanc Type: There's not really much to say about Blanc Type - it's just a matte cream colour that's perfect for creating a blank canvas on the lid and for highlighting the brow bone. I use it for most of my eye looks as a starting shadow to help everything blend seamlessly, it's a must-have shade for me!
  • Nylon: If you're a fan of a strong highlight - this is the eyeshadow you need! It's a cream-coloured shimmer, which is highly pigmented and very intense. I use it lightly as a highlighter and sometimes I put Omega all over the lid and into the crease, and put this on my lid for an effortless yet put together look. The shimmer is very packed together, there's no glitter, so that means no fallout, thankfully! I think Nylon is a great addition to anyone's collection for that extra bit of sparkle.
  • Omega: Omega is a very well known MAC eyeshadow - Tanya Burr swears by it! After Tanya said she uses Omega to fill in her eyebrows, I decided to buy it to use in mine, but I soon discovered it's far too brown and too cool for my brows. It's quite a dull brown, but it's incredibly versatile. I use it predominantly as a transition colour, however sometimes I use it as my sole eyeshadow look for days that I'm just not bothered! It has a very smooth, matte finish, and it's a nice change for your typical warm toned browns that are so much easier to find than good quality cool toned browns. 
  • Trax: Trax is a beautiful plum-burgundy colour with a golden shimmer in it. As lovely as it looks swatched and in the pan, I personally find that it doesn't translate as well on the lids. I've tried it with countless purple and gold bases, and I just can't get it to look how I want it to. I still love the colour, and I use the shadow regularly but on me it's definitely more of a purple - I find it difficult to get the golden flecks to come through!
  • Antiqued: Antiqued is the newest addition to my collection - although it was bought last September! I think that gives me an excuse to go MAC eyeshadow shopping soon.... Antiqued is a warm, rusted copper that has the perfect amount of shimmer in it. I've mentioned it on the blog before (you can see my Makeup Of The Day post with it here!) As I said in that post, it's a great go-to eyeshadow if you're in a rush, or if you want minimal effort but maximum results. A quick sweep of it all over the lid and in the crease with a MAC 217 brush is an absolute gem of a look, and it takes about 2 minutes to perfect! I particularly love Antiqued in the autumn/winter with a nice purple lip.

There you have it - my modest collection of MAC eyeshadows. I'm definitely interested in expanding my collection and eventually filling up each slot. 

What are your favourite MAC eyeshadows?

Zara :-) x 



3 comments:

  1. Honey Lust looks like a gorgeous shade x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Antiqued and Woodwinked and they're so beautiful :) Sable is also on my wish list xx

    Magpie Jasmine | Zoeva Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today we're delving into my MAC eyeshadow palette. I have the 15 pan palette that you can buy the individual pans for, and for some reason I ... imaceyeshadow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS