Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder Review

Tuesday 5 May 2015


As you all know by now, my all time holy grail powder is MAC's Mineralise Skin Finish Natural. Recently I completely used up this powder, so I decided to try another powder instead of repurchasing it. I was actually quite hesitant as I was afraid that nothing would match my beloved MAC powder.

I was wrong - I have found a new powder soul mate. Urban Decay recently launched their Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder as part of their Naked Skin range, and I only had an interest in it when I saw Karen from Lovely Girlie Bits use it in a video - I fell in love with the results!

I normally gravitate towards pressed powders as I can't be fussed with the messiness of loose products, but this powder has a really effective little dispenser that is in the shape of the Urban Decay logo. I just tap the product into the lid and work from there. The packaging makes it so easy to dispense the right amount of product and ensure you don't waste any powder during application.

The powder is incredibly finely milled and feels like pure velvet on your skin. If you're familiar with Benefit's Porefessional, it's similar to that texture, only in powder format. It feels so luxurious on your skin, it definitely reminds you that you've paid good money for the powder!

According to the box, the Ultra Definition Powder's formula blurs flaws, sets makeup and cuts shine while feeling virtually weightless on the skin. I can confirm that this powder stays true to every one of those claims.

The powder is like a filter for your face - it just glides over imperfections and defuses light away from them. It feels so light-weight and it blends flawlessly into the skin. One major advantage I've found with this powder is that it doesn't transfer. I'm the worst for getting makeup smudges on the collar of my jacket, but the powder doesn't budge at all so it's not an issue any more!

From watching other reviews of the Urban Decay powder, many people have found that if it's applied liberally, it will cake up. I personally haven't had an issue with it looking cakey, but bear in mind that my skin is extremely oily so it really eats up powder quickly!

I would also recommend a duo-fibre brush for applying this product as I found it far more effective than using my regular powder brush. 

On that note, the longevity of this powder is unfathomable. Dare I say it - it actually lasts longer than my beloved MAC MSF. Who ever thought I would be rating a powder higher than my MAC one?!
It's the finish of this powder that I really love - it's semi-matte, but doesn't allow any oil get through. It keeps my skin looking fresh all day and that's a luxury I never experience, thanks to my oily skin!

The powder is available in four different shades, and the one I have here is Medium.
I couldn't recommend the Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder (they chose a short name didn't they?!) enough, it's absolutely incredible. The powder will set you back €30, but as it's a loose powder, it'll last you a life time.


What's your favourite finishing powder?

Zara :-) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS