Essence The Gel Nail Polish: Sweet As Candy

Wednesday 24 June 2015


In my May favourites post, I mentioned how much I was loving the new Essence Gel Nail Polish collection, so today I'm going to be showing you my current favourite polish from the range.

Sweet As Candy is a milky, baby pink colour that's so pale it's probably one of the most natural nail polishes I own. It's definitely one for those of you who prefer a natural looking nail! When I first saw it, it instantly reminded me of the Kardashian Kolor range that OPI released a few years ago - there was a stunning colour identical to Sweet As Candy, called 'Kim-pletely in Love', which was an instant sell-out. I was delighted to find a dupe for it as I was unable to get my hands on the Kardashian one.

Sweet As Candy is definitely not a nail polish you can apply if you're in a rush. As it's so pale, it takes quite a few coats to build up an opacity. In the photo above I'm wearing five coats of it! I would definitely recommend applying thin coats of it, because it's a gel formula so it's quite thick and can streak easily if you're not careful.

Although it takes a while to apply opaquely, once the polish dries it will stay chip-free on your nails for days! I got eight days out of this polish with no signs of chipping or wear. To me, that just about justifies the amount of time I spent putting it on in the first place!
It's also a great nail polish to use when doing a French manicure as it has that very natural pink tone.

The Essence The Gel Nail Polish collection boasts 48 shades, ranging from mattes to glitters, so there's bound to be something for everyone in the audience. At €1.79 each, I've been stocking up on them!

Zara :-) x

1 comment:

  1. I love that color! It's what I've been gravitating towards every time I do my nails!

    dyannedavid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS