Caudalie Christmas Must Have Gift Set Review

Monday 7 December 2015


One of my favourite things about Christmas gift sets is getting the opportunity to try products and brands that I mightn't have had a chance to test before. With that in mind, last month I headed to my local Space NK in Harvey Nichols, Dundrum to find a gift set from a brand I've never used before. I settled on this Caudalie Must Have Set - which contains 4 travel sized versions of Caudalie's most popular products. The only one of their products that I'm widely familiar with is of course their Beauty Elixir, so I was really excited to test it alongside the other products.

Before individually reviewing each product from the set, I'll share some basic information about this kit - it's €19.50, contains three 30ml products, and one 10ml, so ideal for travelling. They're housed in a beautiful clear Caudalie makeup bag that has a purple border. This set has really been designed with travelling in mind, I think - having a clear bag is always super handy for going through airport security! From my research, it looks like Caudalie release these Must Have sets regularly and market them as travel kits, but this one is a Christmas exclusive.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir, 30ml
Arguably Caudalie's most popular product, the Beauty Elixir has been high on my wish-list for quite some time, but naturally as it's a high-end skincare item, it comes with a high-end price! This is a great way of testing out whether an expensive product is going to work for you or not. The Beauty Elixir is a hydrating and refreshing mist that can be used as a toner, a make-up setting spray or a primer. It's formulated with grape extracts and has a gorgeous therapeutic scent. As this is a handy 30ml, I tend to keep this in my bag to refresh my makeup throughout the day and add a bit more of a dewy finish!

Caudalie Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil, 30ml.
This is by far my favourite product in the set! As you'll have seen from Blogmas Day 5, I'm really into oil makeup removers at the minute, and this is an excellent product. One small pump is enough to break down and remove every piece of makeup on your face. It's really gentle and so quick to use. It also turns to a silky cleanser to give your face a thorough cleanse. My favourite thing about the Cleansing Oil is that it effortlessly removes mascara as well as face makeup. I've found that a lot of oils don't remove mascara properly, but this is brilliant for breaking product down and getting every scrap off your face!

Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet, 10ml
I'm not quite sure why they chose to put a 10ml moisturiser in - personally, I would have preferred a 10ml hand cream and a larger moisturiser! Anyway, the moisturising sorbet simply does exactly what it says on the tin - it's a soft, sorbet-like moisturiser! It smells delicious and blends seamlessly into the skin. It doesn't feel sticky nor does it leave any greasy residue. It's super lightweight so it's a great option for under makeup. I normally use this in the morning before I apply my makeup as I prefer to use a heavier moisturiser at night.

Caudalie The Des Vignes Hand and Nail Cream, 30ml
The final product you get in this set is a 30ml hand and nail cream. This is one of the nicest hand creams I've ever tried! It smells gorgeous - it's quite musky, but not overpowering. It's not greasy or sticky, it's a really smooth formula that blends into your hands quickly. I use a lot of hand sanitisers which dry out my hands, so I've been keeping this in my bag at all times to keep them hydrated! It's a great size for taking on the go too and I love the packaging!





This is probably one of the best gift sets I've come across this year. There's not one product in it that I didn't like, and I think it's actually great value considering the products you get. As I said, it's €19.50 and available from Space NK now!

Will you be getting this as a gift this year, or are you going to treat yourself?!

Zara :-) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS