New In: Maybelline Baby Lips Balm and Blush Review + Swatches!

Friday 15 January 2016

Maybelline have launched their first new product of 2016, and it's a new addition to the Baby Lips line. I was in Boots last week and found these Baby Lips Balm and Blushes, which are multi-purpose balms that can be used on the lips and cheeks. I'm a huge fan of the Baby Lips range so I had to snap two of them up to give them a whirl!

(L-R) Flirty Pink and Blooming Ruby
The balms look similar to the EOS lip balms, with their egg shape. I'm not a big fan of the outer part of the packaging though, I'd rather if it didn't have that sort of straight top - it makes it a little awkward to control the product, as it's quite thin compared to the rest of the product. That's only a minor packaging issue though as the product itself is really great.

They have the same texture and consistency of regular lip balms, which immediately make me feel like they wouldn't be ideal on the cheeks, but I'm glad to report that I was wrong! When applied to the cheeks, the balms give a beautiful sheen to the skin. They feel slightly tacky when first applied, but I find that is usually the case with cream blushes. Once you allow it to set and put a little translucent powder on top, you're good to go. I apply them straight from the bullet onto the cheeks then just blend them out with my Real Techniques Setting Brush.


Here are swatches of both blushes - on the left is Blooming Ruby, and on the right is Flirty Pink. This is one swatch of them, so they're fairly pigmented considering they're balms. You can layer them up on the lips but I find that one layer on the cheeks is more than enough for a nice natural flushed glow.
I find that they wear really well on the face as they adhere to the skin nicely.
They've also got the same scent as the Pink Punch Baby Lips Lip Balm, which I love!

The Baby Lips Balm and Blushes come in four shades - the two shown here are Blooming Ruby and Flirty Pink, and there's also Innocent Peach and Shimmering Bronze.
They're €7.49 each but Boots are currently buy one get one half price so you could pick one up half price if you're purchasing something else from Maybelline. For the price I think they're great handbag products for easy makeup days and touch ups.

Have you tried these new releases from Maybelline?

Zara :-)x

1 comment:

  1. I contemplated picking up one of these (in the red shade) but I would have only used it on my lips, and that would have been pretty pointless when I already have the Baby Lips lip balms. xD I wish they would bring our their Baby Lip lip glosses here soon! Those are so damn pretty.

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS