New In: L'Oreal Infallible Matte Max Lip Pen Review and Swatches

Friday 19 February 2016


When I saw these new L'Oreal Infallible Matte Max Lip Pens (what a mouthful!) in my local Boots last week, I was really divided - I couldn't quite tell whether they were a genius idea or a bit of a bizarre concept. I have to admit though, I love when makeup brands take the initiative to step out of their comfort zone and bring a new, innovative product to the shelves.

These lip pens are matte lip powders that are applied using a sponge-tip applicator. The powder is stored in the lid, and you just press the sponge-tip into the lid to get your product. The pigment is decent, and depending on what shades you choose, the coverage of the product is buildable. Despite being a matte lip powder, these are very comfortable to wear on the lips and don't dry out your lips as much as traditional matte lipsticks do.

The collection has 6 colours varying from light nudes to bold purples. There were only two colours that I felt I would get decent wear out of -  001 Silencio and 002 Virgin.

Silencio is my favourite of the two - it's a peachy nude with a hint of brown. It's a great everyday colour, and it's a low maintenance product too. I've been wearing this most days since I got it, and I love pairing it with Ex Girlfriend lip pencil from the Gwen Stefani x Urban Decay collection. The wear time of these is reasonable for a drugstore product - I get about four hours wear before I need to touch it up. 
Virgin is a beautiful medium-pink shade. It looks quite bright in the swatch below but it's a nice easy shade to wear on a daily basis. It reminds a bit of MAC's Chatterbox lipstick, which is one of my favourites for the spring time, so I can see myself getting lots of wear out of this shade in the coming months. 

(L-R) Silencio and Virgin

Overall, I think these are a great addition to L'Oreal's Infallible line-up. The pigment is good, the shades are wearable, and they're a nice change from the current liquid lipstick trend. They're on L'Oreal stands now at €10.99, but Boots currently have a 2 for €18 on all L'Oreal products so you can snap them up a little bit cheaper! 

Will you be trying these new offerings from L'Oreal?

Zara :-)x 



1 comment:

  1. Everyone is talking about these at the moment, and some people like them, and some hate them. I REALLY want to try them myself but I can't find them anywhere!

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS