Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation Review

Thursday 26 January 2017

When it comes to base products, Urban Decay have really upped their game recently. Their Naked foundation was my go-to for about a year, but I love a good medium/full coverage foundation and I just felt it needed to be built up too much for the coverage I wanted. The All Nighter Foundation claims to be the answer to your prayers if it's a flawless full coverage base you're after.

Urban Decay describe this foundation as a full coverage foundation with a modern matte finish that never looks overdone. They claim that this 'revolutionary' formula is also comfortable enough for everyday wear. This was the main reason I wanted to try this foundation out - as much as I love a flawless base, I don't like looking like I'm wearing a mask of makeup during the day (even though I usually am, but that's not the point!).

The foundation has quite a thick consistency, but it blends very seamlessly onto the skin and really locks in place. My go-to foundation is the Too Faced Born This Way foundation, however I find that it has a tendency to sit on the skin rather than actually blend into it and act like a second skin. As expected, the coverage is absolutely incredible - it's not heavy nor does it look cakey, but you definitely won't be going back in with extra concealer. A little bit also goes a long way, one pump of foundation is more than enough to deliver a flawless base.
In terms of application I like to use my Beauty Blender as I feel it gives the most natural yet flawless coverage. I've tried it with a buffing brush and I found it left my skin looking a bit heavy and that the foundation didn't settle as well on my skin. Using your fingers is also a good way of applying it, I just personally prefer using a sponge rather than using my fingers.

Even without a primer the foundation stayed in place all day with no touch ups needed at all. It doesn't get shiny throughout the day, but it also doesn't give you a flat looking finish like some matte foundations do. It gives a sort of demi-matte finish, which I love. Sometimes if I want a little more of a dewy look I just put a bit of MAC Strobe Cream on before I apply the foundation.

I really can't fault this foundation. The shade range is brilliant (I wear shade 1.5), it's long-wearing and the coverage is perfect. I wouldn't expect any less from Urban Decay though, their complexion range is really excellent. The All Nighter Foundation is on counters now for €34, and it's definitely a foundation you need to have in your stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS