Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colour Review

Wednesday 2 August 2017


When it comes to lip products, I would rate Rimmel as one of the best drugstore brands for producing top quality lipsticks. Their latest launch is a matte liquid lip colour that claims to deliver high intensity colour with a velvety matte finish. There's 15 shades in the collection and it's an impressive colour selection - they have everything from nudes (which is obviously what I went with - no surprises there!), to deep purples and even a grey and black.

When it comes to lip colours, I'm a nude girl through and through - I try to venture out and wear brighter lips but I always find myself coming back to my old faithful nudes. You just can't go wrong with a good nude lip, so I went with the shades Be My Baby and Moca. Be My Baby is more of a pink-nude, whereas Moca is a brown toned nude. There's also a shade in the range called Latte that's an excellent in-between version of these two shades.

Top: Be My Baby Bottom: Moca
The pigment of these lip colours is incredible - they apply smoothly and opaque with one layer. They're really comfortable on the lips and they don't leave that horrible residue around your lips that some liquid lipsticks do. Although they're matte they don't dry out the lips, they definitely have that velvety texture that you'd get with more expensive lipsticks. The shape of the wand also makes it really easy to get a precise finish without a lip pencil, which is a major bonus if your lips are non-existent like mine!


The wear time on these is also majorly impressive - they almost stain the lips so even after eating and drinking you don't lose the colour. They remain opaque and comfortable pretty much all day so they're a great option for a night out lip especially.

The Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colours are available on Rimmel stands now and retail for €7.99 each. They're also on buy one get one half price in Boots at the moment so if there are a few shades you have your eye on, now's the time to purchase!

1 comment:

  1. I love liquid lipsticks. I must give these a try, they sound great. Thanks for the review! xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS